KAIKŌKIRI – Well Child Tamariki Ora Nurse
- 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
Whaiora offers a wide range of health and social services to our Wairarapa community, including a Very Low-Cost Access (VLCA) Medical Centre for Masterton Māori, Pacific peoples, and people who have found it hard to afford or access healthcare.
We are currently looking for an experienced nurse who wants to share their knowledge, skills, and experience to complement our existing tamariki ora team.
You will work in partnership to support families, whānau and caregivers to maximise their child’s developmental potential and health status from birth to three years and establish a strong foundation for ongoing healthy development. If you're looking for the right opportunity to create positive, healthy change, build relationships then we are looking for you.
What Whaiora offers you:
- A confidential recruitment process.
- Competitive Salary
You will need:
- Current Registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council
- Postgraduate Certificate in PHC Specialty Nursing Well Child/Tamariki Ora
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Understanding of Tikanga Māori and able to demonstrate practical everyday use
- Genuine motivation to improve local community health outcomes
- Excellent communication, organisational and computer skills
- An ability to effectively manage own workload and work independently
- Be adaptable, honest, reliable, and confidential
- The ability to work in a team environment and maintain a calm disposition under pressure
- Full clean drivers’ licence
Please note that this role that will require safety checking through the police vetting system under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
As per the Government mandate, you must be vaccinated against Covid 19 and will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.
Applications close: Wednesday 5 October, however, if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closure date we may progress with interviews and a selection process at an earlier date.