Fees and servicesFind out more about our payment options
Our fees and payment options
Whaiora offers low fees to our enrolled clients. We understand that visits to our Medical Centre are often unexpected and it’s not always easy to pay on the day. We offer two payment options:
- pay on the day before your consultation OR
- automatic payments set up at the time of enrolment
Automatic payments are credited to your Whaiora account. Consultation fees will be deducted from your account balance.
Visit costs are based on a 15 minute consultation for one enquiry. If you require more time, please advise and we will book a longer consultation and advise of extra cost. All of our fees are for each consultation, regardless if it is a follow up appointment for a recurring condition, issue, or to discuss test results.
|Age||Doctor / Nurse Practitioner (ACC Included)
*face to face or teleconsult
|Nurse (ACC Included)|
|0 – 13||no cost||no cost|
|14 – 17||$13.00||$13.00|
- Please ring reception if you have any questions relating to appointment times and fees.
- Fees are effective as of April 1st 2022.
- Additional charges will apply for Minor Surgery, ECG procedures, longer appointments, liquid nitrogen, materials and other services not subsidised/funded in general practice.
|Liquid Nitrogen||From $20.00|
|Minor surgery||From $250.00|
|Long acting contraception||From $75.00|
|Vaccinations||Most vaccinations are funded
however, some may have a fee applied.
Please discuss with a Nurse or a receptionist.
|Off work certificates or off work reported||A fee will be applied based on your age listed|
|Materials and consumables||Fees apply – please discuss with a Nurse or a receptionist|
Repeat prescriptions for certain stable conditions can be requested via our website link here. Alternatively, call our repeat prescription phone line between 8.30am and 5pm Monday – Friday or via Reception between 8.30am and 5pm
Monday – Friday. A minimum of 2 working days notice is required for non urgent repeat prescriptions. A fee will be charged, which is payable before collection. If you have not seen a Doctor within the last 6 months, you will be required to book a visit with your GP.
|Age||Non Urgent (2 Working Days)||Urgent (within 24 Hours)|
|0 to 13 years||No Cost||No Cost|
At Whaiora Medical Centre we offer:
- Consultations with a General Practitioner (GP), Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Nurse
- Consultations with a Stop Smoking Coach
- Access to visiting specialist services
- Support for long term conditions, e.g. heart health, asthma, diabetes
- Vaccinations, immunisations, medical tests, and minor surgery
- ATAT – Acute Telephone Assessment Triage
- Same day appointments for urgent illnesses or injuries
- Online health services, such as Manage My Health
- Repeat prescription services for certain stable conditions