Whaiora servicesLow Cost Access for whānau in Wairarapa
Whaiora Medical Centre was established in 2010. It is the only Very Low Cost Access (VLCA) Medical Centre in the Wairarapa.
Whaiora has an enrolled population of 70% or more high needs patients. A high needs population is defined as “Māori, Pacific or anyone living in the New Zealand Deprivation Index quintile 5” (Ministry of Health, 2006).
At Whaiora Medical Centre we offer:
- Consultations with a General Practitioner (GP), Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Nurse
- Consultations with a Stop Smoking Coach
- Access to visiting specialist services
- Support for long term conditions, e.g. heart health, asthma, diabetes
- Vaccinations, immunisations, medical tests, and minor surgery
- ATAT – Acute Telephone Assessment Triage
- Same day appointments for urgent illnesses or injuries
- Online health services, such as Manage My Health
- Repeat prescription services for certain stable conditions